Organized on January 18, 1932, the Philippi Volunteer Fire Department covers approximately 250 square miles and protects around 12,000 citizens in Barbour County.. The Department operates a single station located in Philippi, West Virginia. It is centrally located in Barbour county, and is among one of the 3 county fire departments. The Department is manned by all volunteers ranging from Active, Social and Retired members. The Department averages around 300 calls a year and responds to a variety of calls including but not limited to vehicle and machinery rescue, structure fires, brush fires, alarm investigations. Philippi VFD currently holds an ISO Class Rating of 6. Being a rich historical area, our protection district include places such as the Barbour County Court House, several covered bridges, Alderson Broaddus University and Adaland Mansion to name a few. Industry throughout our district includes local coal mines, logging, and natural gas operations. Our area also includes 6 of the 9 schools, Broaduss Hospital, and various other businesses and places of interest.
P.O. Box 870 Philippi WV, 26419 | Telephone: (304) 457-1234